Understanding what is going on with your hormones throughout the month, makes life quite a bit better. Just simply understanding why you are experiencing different things is so empowering.
I won’t go into too much detail, because I think simplicity is best here. Here it is!!!
Hormones made simple!
Week 1 Estrogen begins to rise.
- Estrogen begin to rise slowly, helping you go from aches and pains of period to more energy by the end.
- There may be an increase of desire to socialize with the increase of estrogen
- Memory seems to be working better this week
Week 2 Estrogen (and testosterone) Peaks
- Feeling the most confident and brave of the entire month
- Memory is the best this week Skin seems to look the best because of its help to the soft tissue
- Have the most willpower this week Not as hungry because of the appetizing effect of estrogen
- You feel the thinnest this week Libido the highest
Week 3 Progesterone rises, testosterone and estrogen decrease, then estrogen rises again
- Start to feel “pre-PMS” since estrogen is decreasing
- Feel a little better as the week goes on since estrogen rises again
- You may feel foggier, quieter and more snacky since progesterone increases
- Digestion slows and you may become constipated (body is trying to absorb as many nutrients in case you get pregnant)
- Libido drops, but you still may want just hugs and comfort
- Exercising at this time burns up to 30% more fat this week because of the combination of estrogen and progesterone.
- Extra tired since the progesterone is taking all your energy
Week 4 Estrogen and Progesterone take a dive
- Most irritable and angry week of the month if you do get PMS
- With drop of estrogen you may become more pessimistic, cynical, negative and critical
- Since estrogen drops, your body craves carbohydrates to refuel it
- May get a little bit of libido back, not because of hormones but because of the extra activity “down there” as your body preps for your period
- Craving fatty foods could happen as well because of the progesterone
- Health issues may flare up worse this week
There you have it! Can you tell which of your hormones is off, just by this overview?
I help with this! Lets get you balanced!