Easily stressed? Excessive Body heat?
You are probably a pitta body type.
According to Ayurvedic medicine, pitta controls the internal fire of the body. This is what governs your digestion, energy production and metabolism.
Strong internal drive!
- medium to thin build
- great digestion and strong appetite
- sleep soundly for short periods
- strong sex drive
- lots of energy
- great ability to concentrate
- warm body temperature, can get hot easily
When balanced, great appetite and digestion, ability to concentrate for long periods of time, good amount of energy and good at making decisions.
When out of balance can become short tempered and argumentative, overheated, ulcers, heartburn, skin rashes and indigestion.
How to balance
- Keep yourself cool internally- don’t eat too hot of foods
- Do not skip meals
- Eat things that are naturally sweet, bitter and astringent- cucumbers, melons, sweet fruits
- Daily massage with cooling oil such as coconut oil
- Spend lots of time in nature
- Laugh daily
- Dairy maybe okay
- Avoid too many sweeteners
- Avoid hot spices
- Use cooling oils when cooking-olive, sunflower and almond
- Eat cooling veggies- asparagus, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, leafy greens, celery
- Avoid heating veggies- hot peppers, spinach, onions, carrots, beets, garlic and radishes
Note: Since Pitta is hot and fire , you want to add things to your life that are opposite of heat, anything cooling, sweet or stabilizing This helps you stay in balance!
If this seems overwhelming, lets work together to get you in balance.
If you would like a free mini session or a six week program, i’ve got you covered!
**These are all recommendations and should not be taken as medical advice. See your doctor for any medical advice.