Hands and feet always cold? Can’t get your mind to slow down?
You are probably a vata body type.
According to Ayurvedic medicine, vata controls the movement of the body. The nervous system and the process of elimination.
Energized person, always on the go, moves quickly, and creative!
- thin, agile, light frame,
- experience burst of energy and then possibly bouts of fatigue
- dry skin, cold feet and hands
- light sleeper
- sensitive digestion
When balanced, they love new experiences, are energetic, creative and flexible. Will take initiative and loves conversations.
When out of balance can experience weight loss, hypertension, constipation, arthritis, weakness, digestive issues, restlessness anxiety and stressed out.
How to balance
- take time to mediate
- don’t let yourself get cold
- don’t skip meals
- get in bed early
- avoid cold and wind
- perform massage using sesame or almond oil before showering (don’t wash off oil, use soap only on necessary parts )
- don’t push self too hard, especially in exercise
- exercise-walking, yoga, golf, tennis, hiking, tai chi, qi gong
- eat up to 3 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee daily, it pacifies vata
- eat plenty but don’t overstuff yourself
- eat heavier fruits (banana, avocado, mango, peaches, plums, orange, lemon, etc)
- avoid dryer fruits- apples, pears, cranberries, pomegranates
- eat cooked veggies over raw
- nuts are great
- beans can aggravate vata
- chicken, turkey and seafood best for digestion if you eat meat
Note: Since Vata is dry, you want to add things to your life that are opposite of dry! This helps you stay in balance!
If this seems overwhelming, lets work together to get you in balance.
If you would like a free mini session or a six week program, i’ve got you covered!
**These are all recommendations and should not be taken as medical advice. See your doctor for any medical advice.