Is exercise one of those topics you don’t want to discuss?
If so, lets get to the bottom of it.
If you don’t know what is going on a good place to start is to understand you body type and the exercise that is best for you.
- Vata Body Type– light exercises like swimming, yoga, walking, tai chi, golfing, hiking, and light cycling.
- Kapha Body Type- High intensity interval training, like Crossfit, spin classes, hot yoga, mountain and road biking, rock climbing, zumba and rowing.
- Pitta Body Type- moderate intensity like skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, swimming, surfing.
Understanding your body type is key to exercise and balancing the hormones. As your hormones change from day to day, it is so beneficial to understand what exercise is going to best serve you.
There may be days of the month that a hard bike ride makes you feel great and other days it would out you out for the rest of the day.
Start today by keeping track on your calendar. When done exercising but a happy face or frowning face on the day depending how you feel. One month of doing this allows you to see what the patterns are.
A key to remember is to exercise everyday! Exercise benefits the body so much!
- Improves sleep
- decreases depression and anxiety
- increases bone density
- increases ability to focus
- increases metabolism
- decreases blood pressure and cholesterol
- decreases PMS symptoms
And many many other things!
Start small! Get out and walk today!